[vlc-devel] Re: Building VLC from CVS

Stephane stephane at virtuosomedia.nl
Sun Dec 15 00:04:04 CET 2002

I tried some options with config.status. The problem seems to be in
config.status Makefile. The other options (e.g. config.status vlc-config
ends correctly)
I will try to pinpoint what is wrong, but my knowledge of sed is not that
good.
If I find out anything, I will let you know. The substitution split starting
on line 421ends correctly,
but it looks like a loop which does not end.

> > Will try Cygwin then, but I understand this results in a dependency on
> > cygwin1.dll?
> >

> Not at all.
> You can compile in two modes:
>
> 1 - with the -mnocygwin CFGLAG, in which case it doesn't depend on the
> cygwin1.dll.
>
> 2 - without the -mnocygwin CFLAG, in which case it does depend on the
> cygwin1.dll.

Ok, thanx
> --
> Gildas