[vlc-devel] Re: CVS Commit (babal)

Boris Dorès babal at via.ecp.fr
Sun Dec 15 17:36:56 CET 2002

On Sun, Dec 15, 2002 at 03:42:31PM (GMT+0100), Sigmund Augdal wrote:
> I don't see why there should be fileparsing code in the playlist manager.
> Isn't it enough for the interface to tell the playlistmanager to clear the
> list, and the add file/m3u:/path/to/playlistfile.m3u to the playlist with
> PLAYLIST_GO?

  Well, even if we could live with that, I think it's a bit annoying to
be forced to _play_ the playlist when loading it.

  However, there may be a clever workaround than the one I proposed
earlier: adding a new flag to the playlist instructing it to stop after
having played the current (playlist) file. A "one shot" mode... It's
kind of a kludge, but it doesn't involve moving back some code in the
vlc core.

  So, to sum up the (huge;-) tasks:
- save the playlist in an extended m3u file format (playlist.c),
- allow m3u.c to read this extended format,
- make a few changes in playlist.c to make a more suitable "loading"
  behaviour.

  Do we have a go here ?

--
babal