[vlc-devel] Re: wxWindows config

Joe Kraft hishadow at netcabo.pt
Mon Dec 16 21:48:17 CET 2002

> Static library. This is the easiest way to do it on Windows, and we don't
> want the final plugin to depend on any additional dlls anyway.
> --
> Gildas
> --

I've successfully built the wxWindows interface.  I'm almost ashamed to tell
what the real problem was, but presumably there's others out there as stupid
as I am.  In my script I use to run the configure script I had set CXX to
"gcc -mno-cygwin" instead of "g++ -mno-cygwin"

You had mentioned that there was a problem with building using Cygwin/Mingw
in that the result still depended on the cygwin dll.  That no longer seems
to be an issue, this build I have now is not dependant on cygwin at all.  I
was also impressed that when the gtk interface bombed because of a dll not
in the windows path, the wxWindows interface opened up.  Great thing you
guys have going here, I'm looking forward to playing now.

Joe.