[vlc-devel] Re: RTP and more

Jean-Paul Saman jpsaman at wxs.nl
Fri Dec 20 17:10:50 CET 2002

irina Panaiotova wrote:
> I wanted to ask you something else.
> As I see you do "video on demand" only with http. With RTP-option was used for
> broadcast, I mean the client doesn't start the video, but the server with the
> command "start ...".  We would like to do "video on demand" and I wonder if
> you could give us a few tips. Is the best  oportunity to change http with
> rtsp and to implement the "start" command from the server at the client? Or
> maybe the VideoLan group have had analogical idea, or plan it?

The team however is working on implementing VOD functionality among
others RTSP.
See for more information this e-mails (discussed earlier on this list):

http://www.via.ecp.fr/via/ml/vls-devel/200211/msg00001.html

and others (also mentioned in e-mail above):
http://www.via.ecp.fr/ml/videolan/vls-devel/200208/msg00000.html
http://www.via.ecp.fr/ml/videolan/vls-devel/200210/msg00023.html

Greetings,
Jean-Paul Saman