CVS Commit: vlc

Florian G. Pflug fgp at phlo.org
Mon Feb 18 17:51:29 CET 2002

On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 02:34:44AM +0100, cvs at videolan.org wrote:
Hi

To whoever did this great patch.

Wow. Great work. Nice to see someone taking my code, and improving it.

But I have some questions/suggestions.

When I create the vlc_wrapper class, I wanted to seperate the interface from
the inner structure of vlc. My goal was not to have any vlc-specific header
included in intf_controller, but to just use functions provided by the
wrapper.

In the same way, vout_macosx.h was ment should be seperated from the
interface. It should only request a qdport, rescale the output when
necessary, and release the qdport when it isn't needed anymore.

So I suggest some improvements.

I never really liked it that the interface part writes the qdport it created
directly into p_vout->p_sys. If I understand your code correctly, you don't
pass messages (asyncronous) bewteen the vout and the interface thread - you use
(syncronous) calls (altough those syncronous calls are implemented in terms
of message passing).

So the interface thread could return the qdport it created instead of
writing into the vout thread's structure.

The idea behind this is that I believe it would be quite easy to extend vlc
to output not only on the main stream, but e.g. the firewire-port, or even a
file (file is more difficult I guess since there is no qdport involved).

My second suggestions is much simples. I believe it would be more elegant if
the VlcWindow wouldn't write the VLC_FULLSCREEN_CHANGE/VOUT_SIZE_CHANGE
message to p_vout->i_changes, but call some function in vlc_wrapper for
this.

greetings, Florian Pflug