VLC Roadmap

Henri Fallon henri at via.ecp.fr
Mon Feb 25 12:38:26 CET 2002

On Fri, Feb 22, 2002, Christophe Massiot wrote:
> A big question is : when the hell are we releasing 1.0 ? VLC has been
> out there for long now, and I don't think it still deserves a < 0.3
> number. I'd say the major feature we lack to get an excellent media
> player is DVD menus (plus many bug fixes, of course). As a
> consequence, I think we should jump to 1.0 when we have DVD menus.

I've heard and seen that vlc quality has been decreasing for quite a
long time, and we must do a bug hunting party before the word release is
considered.

Moreover, opening a new branch in the same time than freezing the
code may not have been a good idea : indeed, a code freeze intends to
halt developpers coding fast and new and force them to do a bit of
quality checking. The new branch opened a door ... we must find a way of
seriously track the bugs.

--
henri