CVS Commit: vlc

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Tue Feb 26 22:08:31 CET 2002

On Tuesday 26 February 2002 21:56, Samuel Hocevar wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 26, 2002, Gildas Bazin wrote:
>
> > If you think about it, a config variable is used to set a default
parameter
> > for vlc but for a whole session, not just a playlist item. If you use the
> > --input_title option this means that all the dvds you enqueue in your
> > playlist will start at this default title, which is likely not what you
want.

>    This makes perfect sense to me as well.
>
>    By the way, what do you think about getting rid of all the _VAR
> defines? Now that we don't use getenv() any more, I think they are
> completely useless, and only confuse the programmer. There is not that
> much information duplication after all.

I did think about it but 2 things restrained me to do so:
- Macros are actually checked by the compiler so if you mispell the macro you
will have a warning at compile time, but if you mispell a string nobody will
tell you.
- I already changed a lot of code so I didn't want to change this ;-)

If you want to remove them I won't really mind, as I didn't really know what
to do about them myself.

--
Cheers