subtitles

The DJ hartman at mac.com
Tue Jul 2 12:35:14 CEST 2002

I've taken a quick look and I love it. It was just what I was thinking
about. I have some code to load arbitrary subtitle files, not just .ssa
files. I send it as an attach to my first mail about subtitles.

We should integrate your code with mine. I'll see if I can get around to it.
And I think we should transform input to a system that can handle multiple
input's. Haven't taken a look at that yet.

That leaves us with the DVD problem. We really should do this for arbitrary
input's, since the majority of people will want to view subbed DivX with
this and not subbed DVD. Since these mostly are subbed allready.

With strange japanese exceptions excluded offcourse ;-)

DJ

on 01-07-2002 22:39, Andrew Flintham at amf at cus.org.uk wrote:

> Thanks for your comments; I guess this isn't as simple as I had hoped :|
>
> On Mon, 1 Jul 2002, Samuel Hocevar wrote:
>
>>    Are you using the current CVS? Its architecture is very different
>> from the 0.4.x releases, so if you are using 0.4.x you may consider
>> porting your code to the CVS head. This leaves us time for Christophe to
>> come back and give us precious advice :-)
>
> I've been using 0.4.1 from the tarball rather than the CVS, mainly because
> that's what I already had on my system. I'll work on porting it, and look
> forward to what Christophe has to say.
>
> On Mon, 1 Jul 2002, The DJ wrote:
>
>> I would love to see your code, can you post a diff somewhere?
>
> Have a look at:
>
> http://cus.org.uk/~amf/subtitler.tar.gz
>
> There's a README file in there which (hopefully) explains what to do with it,
> plus some detail on what it's supposed to be doing.
>
> Thoughts welcomed,
>
> Andrew

Universiteit Twente
Derk-Jan 'The DJ' Hartman