VLC project organization

Xavier MAILLARD zedek at fxgsproject.org
Tue Jul 9 02:29:10 CEST 2002

Henri Fallon <henri at via.ecp.fr> disait récemment que :

> On Mon, Jul 08, 2002, Christophe Massiot wrote:
>> A FAQ isn't a user documentation. A question can be declared a FAQ
>> only after it has been asked several times in the mailing-list
>> (literally). You can't decide, when you code, that a particular
>> question will be a FAQ.
>
> I had missed your point sorry about this.
>
> Maybe this could go together with a release maintener : one person could
> be responsible for one version of vlc until it is out.This would prevent
> the same person from having this burden for years. This person would
> be allowed to flame contributors who do not update the user doc or the
> Changelog or the developper doc or the TODO list.
I guess this would be a good idea.

> I first thought you were refering to developper FAQ ie. a document that
> anyone has to read before getting actual write access to the CVS tree.
> This document could be a good idea if everyone read it and respected it
> (in what case maybe it wouldn't be necessary any more).
I totally agree with you. I was claiming month ago to have a write
access onto the CVS but primarily can't figure out how to deal with
that.
It's only when I went on the IRC chan I understood the policy for
that. I think this could be appear somewhere easily accessible for
peaple wanting to contribute.

Cheers,

zeDek

--