Commandline option development

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Tue Jul 9 12:22:42 CEST 2002

On Tuesday 09 July 2002 11:53, Xavier MAILLARD wrote:
> This is what I previously was using in the module configuration :
>
> #ifdef HAVE_XINERAMA
> ADD_BOOL    ( "xvideo-xinerama", 1, NULL, XINERAMA_TEXT,
> XINERAMA_LONGTEXT )ADD_INTEGER ( "xvideo-xineramascreen", -1, NULL,
> SCREEN_TEXT, SCREEN_LONGTEXT )
> #endif
>
> HAVE_XINERAMA is well defined because I can see the 2 options into the
> GUI.
>
> But when trying to pass --xinerama it tell me that it does not exists.
>
> What I want to know is where can I find a good sample (ex: for
> --fullscreen)

Be careful, you declared a "xvideo-xinerama" config option but you are
trying to use a "xinerama" config option. This is why it doesn't work.
The current guideline concerning the config options names is to append the
name of the plugin which defines them so that there can't be namespace
collisions between plugins, this is why you should use "xvideo-xinerama".

By the way, if you use "vlc -H" you will see your config option has been
appended to the already existing command line options for the xvideo
plugin.

--
Gildas