[ANN] vlc 0.4.2
sam at zoy.org
Thu Jul 11 01:44:40 CEST 2002
The VideoLAN team is happy to announce version 0.4.2 "Life, the
Universe and Everything" of VLC, the VideoLAN Client, a multimedia
player for MPEG, DVD and DivX under various operating systems.
Version 0.4.2 has the following new features:
* Support for multicast IPv6.
* Enhanced deinterlacing routines.
* Controls for audio output and deinterlacing in the OSX interface.
And the following bugfixes:
* Fix for the Gtk+ preferences menu crash.
* Better Win32 thread_cond_wait implementation.
* Subtitle rendering fixes.
* BeOS software rendering works again.
The full ChangeLog is at : http://www.videolan.org/vlc/changelog.html
You can download VLC 0.4.2 via HTTP or FTP :
Tarballs are available, as well as x86 Debian, BeOS and Windows
packages, and a MacOS X package. Binary builds for architectures and
distributions not yet available, especially RPMs for RedHat or Mandrake,
are welcome and can be uploaded to our incoming directory:
And do not forget our mirror site:
For the VideoLAN team,
This is the vlc-devel mailing-list, see http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
To unsubscribe, please read http://www.videolan.org/lists.html
If you are in trouble, please contact <postmaster at videolan.org>
More information about the vlc-devel