CVS Commit: vlc

Laurent Aimar fenrir at via.ecp.fr
Thu Jul 11 21:56:42 CEST 2002

On Thu, Jul 11, 2002, Sigmund Augdal wrote:
> I do not belive it is this demux which is segfaulting. I have seen this
> segfault without this demux in action, and ithave been reported on irc
> too.

 I think too. What I want to say is that when I use gdb, it seems to
segfault in the demux after called/while calling a function for reading
from stream.:

 - in mpeg_audio, when accessing pointer I've got with input_Peek, and
what's funny it that if I put a printf or other things before accessing
this pointer, it segfault after one or two minutes ( and not after a few
seconds ).

 - in avi, when calling input_SplitBuffer when it does a memcpy
internally. But, it's not always at the same position in the stream, and
moreover if I make seek doing nothing( like seeking at the same position
) or read less than 1ko at the same time, it (never?) segfaults

( But since I don't really know how to use gdb, it's better to verify if
I'm right or not :)

--
fenrir