Win32 binary snapshot available for testing.

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Tue Jul 30 12:34:13 CEST 2002

Hi all,

I just uploaded a new binary snapshot of the win32 version of vlc
(http://www.videolan.org/pub/videolan/testing/vlc-win32-20020730.zip).

This snapshot has been made from a fresh CVS and incudes all the usual
plugins except the windows native interface (only the GTK one is
available).

All the problems reported with vlc-win32-0.4.2 should be solved and this
snapshot contains a few other improvements:
- The directx plugin should now work on WinNT4+DirectX3 (although untested).
- The directx plugin can now use YUY2 overlays (a few graphics cards don't
support YV12 but YUY2).
- partial (and untested) IPV6 mutlicast support (I say partial because
mutlicast should only work on the default network interface).

I also noticed a problem on Win9x. Sometimes vlc crashes when you close it.
It appears to be related to the uninitialisation of the directx plugin but
I couldn't track this further.

I'll appreciate any feedback.

Enjoy,

--