New 0.4.1 branch

Samuel Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Sat Jun 1 11:55:02 CEST 2002

On Sat, Jun 01, 2002, Tony Castley wrote:

> Sorry but I am not familiar with the way CVS does branching.  Can you
> tell me the commands or options that I require.  I have some code that
> needs to go into 0.4.1.  I have just checked this code into the main
> branch.

   You need two separate vlc trees ; for instance, rename your current
vlc tree to "vlc_MAIN", and check out a new one using the -r flag :

    cvs -z6 -d :pserver:...blahblah... login
    cvs -z6 -d :pserver:...blahblah... get -r v0_4_1_branch vlc

   And then rename this new vlc directory to something like "vlc_0_4_1".
Whatever you commit from this directory will be in the branched version.

--
Sam.