VLC Win32 binary is infected with Troj/Momma-B virus

Sam Hart hart at physics.arizona.edu
Thu Jun 6 19:35:57 CEST 2002

On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, Xavier Marchesini wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 06, 2002, Samuel Hocevar wrote:
> >    I'd say Sophos is smoking stuff.
>
> I tested the binary (the installer) with Sophos, as it's the AV utility
> I got on my box, and it says it's clean. So here, I'd agree with Sam.

What version do you have? (The latest is 3.58, and this particular IDE is
only found in the latest one or online)

I actually also detect the virus in the NSIS zip2exe package, but not in
the nsis198.exe package (both avail here:
http://www.nullsoft.com/free/nsis/#download )

I'm testing it now with a few other AVs on clean systems to see if I can
verify it (I'm very interested, because we were planning on using NSIS
over at Tux4kids.org ;-)

--
Sam Hart
University/Work addr. <hart at physics.arizona.edu>