IPv6 vlc patch

alexis.guillard at bt.com alexis.guillard at bt.com
Fri Mar 1 17:31:31 CET 2002

Hi,

I have done an IPv6 patch for vlc today with the cvs of today.
Thanks to let met know if it will be add to the cvs tree.

cd vlc
cp ipv6.c plugins/network/
mv plugins/access/udp.c plugins/access/udp_old.c
cp udp.c plugins/access/
In plugins/network/Makefile add the line "ipv6_SOURCES = ipv6.c"
In configure.in:446 add ipv6 in BUILINS
run autoconf
in Makefile:126 add "network/ipv6 \"
./configure
make

To test the patch, udp6:[IPv6 numerical address server]
./vlc udp6:[2001::204:76ff:fe49:38d0]
./vlc udp:[2001::204:76ff:fe49:38d0]
address name in the command line is not yet supported, but I am planing to
do it in a couple of weeks.

Enjoy your IPv6 streaming.
If you need more help, ask me.

Alexis