New release ?

Samuel Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Mon Mar 4 05:18:14 CET 2002

On Mon, Feb 18, 2002, Christophe Massiot wrote:

> It's been a long time since the last release, and many features have
> been added to the current CVS. Since critical bugs and portability
> issues are (or are about to be) fixed, I think we could plan a new
> release within the next month.
>
> Are there still regressions from 0.2.92 in the latest CVS ?

   Audio is still reported to be ugly on some architectures, though it
has become far better for a lot of people. Some feedback on the subject
would be nice: who has still got sound issues? with what soundcard
model? and who got her issues solved?

   Then we have the configuration file writing. A few stability issues,
the subtitles palette I'm still supposed to fix. And there's the great
vlc/libdvdcss split I'd like to finish before the next release.

   As for the numbering scheme, I understood you'd like them to go
a bit faster... Well I'm not excited about reaching 1.0 that fast
since we have dozens of other world domination plans, but if it's the
general opinion that we should head towards 1.0 I'll stick to it. So the
forthcoming one would be 0.3? 0.9?

--
Sam.