gtk preferences todo list

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Wed Mar 27 20:46:56 CET 2002

On Wednesday 27 March 2002 19:54, Loïc Minier wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 26, 2002, Loïc Minier wrote:
> >   Why the preferences window sucks, and why it isn't its fault :
>
>  More on this :
>
>   * when an option gets modified in the intf, the changes are
>   not immediatly taken into account. We could think of a new
>   MODULE_CONFIG_*() parameter to have a callback (or none) associated
>   with a config option.

Actually, this parameter already exists :)

/* Quick usage guide
MODULE_CONFIG_START
ADD_CATEGORY_HINT( text, longtext )
ADD_SUBCATEGORY_HINT( text, longtext )
ADD_STRING( option_name, value, p_callback, text, longtext )
ADD_FILE( option_name, psz_value, p_callback, text, longtext )
ADD_PLUGIN( option_name, psz_value, i_capability, p_callback, text,
longtext )
ADD_INTEGER( option_name, i_value, p_callback, text, longtext )
ADD_BOOL( option_name, p_callback, text, longtext )
MODULE_CONFIG_STOP
*/

This feature is not used yet though, and I also need to implement the code
in config_Put...Variable() to actually call this callback but it shouldn't
be too difficult ;)

Cheers,

--
Gildas