Network bug under windows

Olivier Teulière ipkiss at via.ecp.fr
Sun Mar 31 17:26:02 CEST 2002

Under Windows, when a network stream (unicast mode) is stopped, then
played again, vlc generally doesn't launch the video. There is no
problem with multicast.

After investigation, it seems to be due to a socket problem: when we
stop the stream, the close function (see ./src/input/input_ext-plugins.c
l.676) returns a "bad file descriptor" error. The file descriptor is
correct though.

So what's happening is that when we play again the stream, a new socket
is created, but the old one is still receiving the data, and we find
nothing in the newly created socket.

Any idea to solve the problem will be welcome :)

By the way, i am wondering why we should close the socket every time the
stream is stopped. Would it be possible/interesting/easy to close the
socket only when we quit vlc ?

--
Ipkiss