[Interface] Ideas for the "Net" panel

Alexis de Lattre alexis at via.ecp.fr
Mon May 13 14:13:06 CEST 2002

On Mon, May 13, 2002, Loïc Minier wrote:
>   I think it's strange to select between two modes in TS. I don't see
> how to enter the equivalent of 'udpstream:@someip:someport'.

In the TS section, you have two options :
[] Unicast - Brodcast   -> this is the equivalent of "vlc udp:"

[] Multicast : Address ____ Port ____ -> this is the equivalent of
					"vlc udp:@address:port"

>    I also would like a field where no user input is possible but where
> the equivalent playlist item is written. So you would enter
> www.videolan.org in the URL field, and the playlist item would show
> "http://www.videolan.org". This is just a nifty little thing, it's not
> required.

I am sorry, I don't understand what you mean.

>   How will you achieve the horizontal bars ? Because I can only think of
> "frames" to distinguish HTTP / VLCS / TS and that would be ugly (because
> of the radio button choice accross them).

Well, I will try to do a it with glade, you will see :)

--
Alexis