VLC 0.4.0 release

Tony Castley tony at castley.net
Sun May 19 16:58:22 CEST 2002

both actually I am just testing the Chroma again.

Looks like if I enable debug, or disable mmx I get no problems with the
Y420 (I think). This appears to be an issue with the asm code in this
module.  The only solution that the BeOS development community could
come up with is to convert all the asm into NASM modules.  This effects
BeOS and QNX.

But I also need to be able to set the properties on the pic to say that
the overlay bitmap's storage is wider than its real pixel width.  I
believe some work was done to allow this to be set independant of any
plugin.  I am fitting a nVidia card in today to test how it behaves in
BeOS.  But I am unsure which properties to set, if someone could
outline them it will make my job very quick.

Thanks Tony

>On Sun, May 19, 2002, Tony Castley wrote:
>> I have to get the new code working for the BeOS nVidia cards.  I
have
>> moved the code to use more efficient Overlay code.  This requires me
>> utilize the "new" pitch/stride mechanism of the Video Output code.
If