VLC 0.4.0 release

Samuel Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Wed May 22 20:26:50 CEST 2002

On Tue, May 21, 2002, Levesque, Pascal wrote:

> After a while, I found that "ebx" register must be specified in the MMX
> constraints and "not" be explicitly saved on the stack.

   This workaround will not work in two cases, and is the reason behind
pushing ebx on the stack (otherwise the values would have been passed
using "ebx" and not "m") and restoring it later: in PIC code (shared
libraries), and under BeOS, the ebx register is not allowed to be
clobbered.

> I also removed the "memory" constraint cause it does not seem to be
> necessary (could you validate on BeOS ?).

   It is necessary because p_u and p_v are modified in memory from the
asm code (because of the "m" register class).

--
Sam.