filter_distort patch

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Sat May 25 11:03:36 CEST 2002

On Saturday 25 May 2002 02:00, Sigmund Augdal wrote:
> This patch makes the distort filter configurable through the
> configuration system. Basicly it allows users to use the "ripple"
> function without having to look in the source to find out that it
> exists. Using the old method to select a function from the command line
> still works, and overrules the configured setting. One drawback: if one
> starts vlc using the old style (--filter distort:ripple) one can't
> change function without restarting vlc. If people think this is a good
> idea, I could try to do the rest of the filters the same way.

I don't really know what to do with the "--filter=distort:ripple" kind of
command line option. I would really like to get rid of it because it
doesn't fit well into the configuration framework that we put in place. I
understand that if you look only from the "command line" perspective it is
a lot easier than typing "--filter=distort --distort-type=ripple" but it
also creates more problems than it solves.

IMHO your patch is the way to go and we should get rid of these kludges!

--
Gildas