[vlc-devel] Re: Sound problem

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Fri Nov 1 18:57:46 CET 2002

On Thursday 31 October 2002 21:03, Quentin Delval wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just downloaded your VideoLan vlc player for windows XP, and I really
> consider it is an excellent project you're doing, I congratulate you for
it.
> Speaking about video, it works perfectly, it is perfect, but howerver the
> sound is problematic : I get a mettalic over-noise permanent sound whe
> playing a DVD movie.
>
> Is this a know problem and is there a way to fix it?

Well, lots of work has been done regarding the audio management in the
developpement version of vlc (aka soon to be vlc-0.5). If you are not quite
happy with the audio quality of vlc-0.4.x then I would suggest you to try
this developpement version.

I'll make a win32 pre-version of vlc-0.5 available shortly (in a few days)
so we can have some testing done before the release. I'll tell you when
it's available for download.

Regards,

--
Gildas

( PS: make sure you are using the a52 plugin as the AC3 audio decoder, this
might also solve your problem )