[vlc-devel] Vlc 0.4.6 release

Alexis de Lattre alexis at via.ecp.fr
Thu Nov 14 02:14:10 CET 2002

Vlc 0.4.6 is going to be released very soon. The Windows, Debian, RPM
and Mac OS X packages are built and titer is going to build the BeOS
package very soon (it's in
ftp://ftp.videolan.org/pub/videolan/testing/vlc-0.4.6)

Libdvdcss 1.2.4 is also going to be released soon
: the tarballs and the Debian/RPM packages are in
ftp://ftp.videolan.org/pub/videolan/testing/libdvdcss-1.2.4)

I have tested the Linux version with the Debian package and libdvdcss
1.2.4 : it works fine.

I made some tests with the Windows version of vlc 0.4.6 with both the
.exe and .zip. My results are :

1. the "bug" when seeking in some DivX files that i mentionned earlier
is still present, but the bug is also present in 0.4.5, so there is no
regression :-) (i don't know why we thought it wasn't...)

2. When I play a DVD (it's a scrambeled DVD) with administrator rights,
it works fine. But when I play it as a normal user, the vout window
opens and then closes immediately. The logs with the .exe
package are attached.

If this last problem is confirmed, I don't think that it should delay
vlc 0.4.6 release, but i think that it should delay libdvdcss 1.2.4
release. What do you think ?

--
Alexis