[vlc-devel] Re: NetBSD package for libdvdcss

Rhialto rhialto at azenomei.knuffel.net
Wed Nov 27 15:39:48 CET 2002

On Wed 27 Nov 2002 at 13:40:55 +0100, Sam Hocevar wrote:
>    How should the file be distributed? In the tarball, or as a
> separate file? If so, how should it be named?

I'm not sure about that myself. If there are already other packaging
files (such as for Debian) in the tarball it would seem logical to
include it there too. But it can be kept as a shar file I think, named
something like netbsd-libdvdcss-pkg.shar. I notice that the comments in
the shar file suggest it makes the necessary directories but it does not
seem to actually do that so I suppose it should be regenerated. And
perhaps I should add some instructions, something like

    To add this pkg to your collection of packages, cd to the root of
    your pkgsrc tree (typically /usr/pkgsrc) and execute the shar file.
    It will unpack the necessary files into misc/libdvdcss.  To install
    it, like any other package, cd to misc/libdvdcss and execute "make
    install clean". At the appropriate time it will ask the root
    password for actual installation.

> Sam.
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert      -- The evil eye is caused by the black
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl        -- tongue - Tom Poes, "Het boze oog", 4456.