[vlc-devel] Re: Changing transport protocol

Heok Kee Oon oonheokkee78 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 3 05:08:10 CEST 2002

Christophe,

   Thank you very much for your reply.

   From my understanding, what vlc can do is receive
MPEG data via UDP. What I'm planning to do, is to
replace all the UDP sockets that are created to
transmit data with sockets from a new transport
protocol (SCTP).

   Does this file that you mentioned
(plugins/access/udp.c) help to control MPEG data
transmission in any way? I looked through it and it
seemed to be checking for addresses and ports.

   Hope to hear from you soon as I need to get all
this sorted out as soon as possible. Thanks a lot!! :)

Heok Kee