[vlc-devel] Re: help compiling win32 plugin

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Wed Oct 9 16:19:38 CEST 2002

On Wednesday 09 October 2002 16:06, Sigmund Augdal wrote:

> My experince way that MSYS was _way_ faster then cygwin

If you mean that it compiles faster, than I can assure you that it isn't the
case. There isn't much of a difference between MSYS and cygwin in that
aspect (all the more when you consider that MSYS is just a fork of cygwin).

But talking of speed, what I can assure you is that cross-compiling (i.e
using the linux native tools) is a lot faster than native compiling with
cygwin or MSYS (I would say twice as fast, and surely more than that for
the bootstrap & configure steps).

--
Gildas