[vlc-devel] iPaq cross-compile problem (urgent)

Jean-Paul Saman jpsaman at wxs.nl
Tue Oct 15 08:32:55 CEST 2002

Hi guys,

I hope someone of you spot the problem in my logs. To build familiar
Linux interface against GTK I had to redo my cross-compile environment.
Now I successfully can built SDL (I tested it) and libmad, .... but no
VLC (0.4.5).

What happens? If I built with plugins enabled the linking of SDL against
lpthread fails, the linker complains about /usr/lib/libpthread.so. So I
wonder is it trying to link against my rootsystem libpthread or in the
cross-compile directory.
How to tell the linker to link against:
  <cross-compile-dir>/lib/lipthread.so
and have it run on a system where the library is located in
/lib/libpthread.so?

I changed configure.in, Makefile.opts.in and Makefile.modules (slightly)
this is needed to detect SDL/Gtk/Glib headers in the cross-compile
directory. I even made AR=arm-linux-ar and LD=arm-linux-ld to be
detected in configure.in.

Does somebody see the mistake I probably made?

Greetings,
Jean-Paul Saman.