[vlc-devel] Re: iPaq cross-compile problem (urgent)

Jean-Paul Saman jpsaman at wxs.nl
Tue Oct 15 23:56:02 CEST 2002

Samuel Hocevar wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 15, 2002, Jean-Paul Saman wrote:
>

>>What happens? If I built with plugins enabled the linking of SDL against
>>lpthread fails, the linker complains about /usr/lib/libpthread.so.

This is not a problem anymore for building the SDL plugin.

>    Try to change the sdl-config call in configure to add the
> --exec-prefix=<cross-compile-dir> flag before --libs.

Removed use of --exec-prefix. SDL settings now include
--prefix=/usr/local/arm/2.95.3/arm-linux/usr for both --cflags and -libs.
Also updated --x-libraries= to use the current distributions X-libraries
--x-libraries=/usr/local/arm/2.95.3/arm-linux/usr/X11R6/lib

Now I can built vlc-0.4.5 with plugins and SDL (I also rebuilt my SDL
libraries), but without Familiar GTK interface.

Thanks for the help.

Jean-Paul Saman.