[vlc-devel] Re: Trouble building/running VLC for RH 8

Nils Berzins nberch at db.lv
Tue Oct 22 11:22:32 CEST 2002

>  You need to build ffmpeg or install the ffmpeg development packages
> and compile vlc with --enable-ffmpeg in order to play DivX movies. You
> should also use --enable-mad for mp3 audio decoding (you'll libmad and
> libmad-devel).

I recompiled VLC as "./configure --disable-dvd --enable-gnome
--enable-ffmpeg --enable-mad". Still it doesn't work. Now I can hear the
sound and I see black movie window  (no picture). If I run VLC as "vlc -vvv"
I can see the following warning in terminal:

> vout warning: late picture skipped

When I try to exit from VLC I get this error:

> Multiple segmentation faults occurred; can't display error dialog

Any ideas ?

Best Regards
Nils Berzins

P.S. I suspect that this might be ffmpeg problem. What is the correct
download location of ffmpeg ? If I go to ffmpeg.sourceforge.net, it shows
no releases...