URL problems in VLC and miniVLCS

Christophe Massiot massiot at via.ecp.fr
Mon Sep 2 01:22:02 CEST 2002

At 13:41 +0000 30/08/2002, Marcel de Boer wrote :

>- In VLC, while entering an HTTP URL into the Net-source dialog, the
>URL is not allowed to
>start with http:// , or VLC will try to look up host 'http'. I
>always thought a URL should
>start with a protocol identifier, or am I misunderstanding something?

I don't use the Linux version, but it should probably be considered
as a bug. Both syntax should be allowed.

>- If I send an HTTP URL to VLC (from miniVLCS), VLC seems to try to open
>http/://hostname/file (with the extra / between http and the colon),
>so it can't find a
>proper handler for this URL.

This isn't a problem, and using VLCS to send an HTTP URL works for
us. Could you forward the complete VLC log ? I think there must be
another problem elsewhere.

>PS1: I also get the problem that all video-outputs in VLC, except
>X11 output, output
>colours that are very wrong (there seems to be a wrap-around
>somewhere, most colours are
>black or nearly black). Is it possible this is because I use a
>15-bit videomode instead of
>16-bit? (Reason for 15-bit: this is necessary for accurate colour
>rendering of photos
>without using 24-bit colour)

15-bit output used to work for me with my old computer. It may have
been broken recently, though, could you put a screenshot on some web
page ?

--
Christophe Massiot.