Rˆ©p. : VideoLAN - Contact us

Stephan Assmus stippi at yellowbites.com
Fri Sep 13 11:32:54 CEST 2002

> Bonjour,
>
> Je voudrais savoir si il y a un moyen de faire tourner VLC sur BeOS
> PowerPC..
> J¹ai en effet BeOS installé sur un 7300 G4 400 et vu les faibles
> latences de BeOS, j¹esperais pouvoir lire des divx sur BeOS.

I don't speak French, but I think I figured you mail out... Have you
tried compiling VLC on your BeOS-PPC system? I don't think the
endianess would be a problem, but the compiler (MWCC) probably will be.
Give it a shot and tell us where it choked. Eric made nice instructions
on how to build VLC on BeOS, the server seems to be down currently, but
here is the URL anyways:
<http://pepito.via.ecp.fr/beos/vlc.html>
I don't know about Tony or Eric, the other two guys developing VLC for
BeOS, but I for one don't have access to a PPC machine.

Best regards,
-Stephan