question about PCR and PTS when VOD server is paused

Defang zhou defang2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 13 14:37:16 CEST 2002

When vod server is paused, it keep sending the I
frame. In my understaning, after the first I frame,the
PCR and PTS in  the following I frames during the
PAUSE should also be changed. am I right?

However, to change the PCR and PTS is very tricky, is
it doable to get it all right without getting into
much trouble?

After the PAUSE, VOD server resume the play. How to
let the client know that it is a continuation? I do
not think it is good to change PCR in all packets.

Please educate.

Thanks in advance.