0.5.0 on BeOS

Samuel Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Tue Sep 17 13:44:28 CEST 2002

On Tue, Sep 17, 2002, Stephan Assmus wrote:

> Maybe it needs libdl to load the plug-ins?

   No, vlc uses BeOS's native dynamic object loader.

> You could also try to compile it with debugging on and use BDB to see
> where it crashes.
>
> As you can see... just random guesses. I will try to give it a shot as
> well. Would be bad if we BeOS guys got stuck with the 0.4.x tree... :-\

   This is definitely not going to happen. Could you have a look at
this tarball? http://zoy.org/~sam/vlc/vlc-0.5.0-cvs-am.tar.bz2 It is a
modified version of the current CVS which makes full use of automake,
but it has only been tested on Linux, Solaris and Windows for the
moment. I'm not sure it works under BeOS or OS X so I won't try to
commit it until it works everywhere.

   Does any of you have some time to hook on IRC? It might be handier to
fix build problems if we can talk directly.

--
Sam.