[vlc-devel] VLC stable branch and AC3 PIDs (2nd)

Alexis de Lattre alexis at via.ecp.fr
Fri Sep 27 23:54:39 CEST 2002

I have done some new tests on VLC and the new AC3 PIDs with the help of
Ipkiss and Meuuh.

Version used : stable branch of the CVS

When vlc is launched normally :
- satellite streamed by old vls : OK
- satellite streamed by new vls : OK
- DVD streamed by old vls : cracked sound and error messages
- DVD streamed by new vls : OK

When vls is launched with --vls-backwards-compat option :
- satellite streamed by old vls : OK
- satellite streamed by new vls : OK
- DVD streamed by old vls : OK !
- DVD streamed by new vls : OK

I achieved to compile a Windows version without libdvbpsi and it work as
well as under Linux. You can get it on :

ftp://ftp.videolan.org/pub/videolan/testing/vlc-win32-pre0.4.5-20020927.exe

So I have 2 questions :
- shouldn't --vls-backwards-compat be a default option ?
- what more do we need for a new vlc and vls release ?

--
Alexis