[vlc-devel] VLC 0.5.3-test2 & localizations

Christophe Massiot massiot at via.ecp.fr
Wed Apr 2 01:13:59 CEST 2003

Dear friends,

It is time for us to prepare a new release. Therefore I ask
translators to download the final po files for 0.5.3 and localize
them :
   http://www.videolan.org/pub/videolan/devtools/vlc-po-files.tar.gz

Estimated timeframe for the release is this week-end. In order for
the OS X people to test their translations, I have packaged a
0.5.3-test2 binary here :
http://www.videolan.org/pub/videolan/testing/vlc-0.5.3-test2/macosx/vlc-0.5.3-test2.dmg
(instructions on how to update the po files are in the README file of
vlc-po-files.tar.gz)

If you notice any regression from 0.5.2, please yell. For Mac OS X
developers who would like to build VLC by themselves, I have uploaded
a new version of my /usr/local :
   http://www.videolan.org/pub/videolan/devtools/macosx-usr-local.tar.bz2

I also would like to welcome a new member of the team, Jean-Pierre
Kuypers, who has offered to take care of the French translation.

Happy testing,

--
Christophe Massiot.