[vlc-devel] Key Presses and playback control

Chet Pressler chet at pressler.com
Wed Apr 2 07:04:45 CEST 2003

I am working on developing a mozilla plugin change to allow keyboard
commands to control the playback instead of mouse-controls since my
application will not rely on mouse clicks but rather keyboard clicks. I
want to be able to assign the "p" keypress for play "q" keypress for pause
and "s" keypress for stop. I know the "f" keypress is already used for
fullscreen. Idealy I would like to create a keyboard mapping function to
allow whatever keys to be assigned to whatever functions.

I would like to know how the mozilla directory ties into the other VLC code.

Could someone point me to the proper module to start looking to implement
such a feature?