[vlc-devel] Re: VLC 0.5.3-test2 for win32

Nicolas Croiset (VDL) ncroiset at vdldiffusion.com
Mon Apr 7 11:34:05 CEST 2003

At 10:55 07/04/03 +0000, you wrote:
>On Mon, 07 Apr 2003 Nicolas Croiset wrote:
> >
> >I had tested this release with vlc (linux server) with a kfir stream input.
> >The vlc client under windows 98Se crash systematically when the connection
> >is made.
> >
> >This was not the case with vlc 0.5.2.
> >

>I can't seem to be able to reproduce this problem, although I'm not using
>a kfir stream as input.
>
>Could you try to pin-point the problem ?
>Run vlc from a dos command line with the "--novideo --noaudio" options
>then only "--novideo" and finally only "--noaudio" option.
>
>This should tell us if the crash happens in one of the decoders.

Hello,

vlc --novideo --noaudio : OK
vlc --novideo : Not OK
vlc --noaudio : OK

One time I was able to launch vlc, and the sound was always cut. This seems
confirm there is a problem in the audio decoding. The audio is mono and the
sampling rate is 44100 Hz.

Bye.

Nicolas Croiset                   ncroiset at vdl.fr
Tel : +33 4 72 84 06 04   Fax : +33 4 72 84 06 02