[vlc-devel] Re: Multi-input and/or multi-output version of VLC.

Olivier Aubert oaubert at bat710.univ-lyon1.fr
Wed Apr 9 13:36:42 CEST 2003

> 2. When I listen to a single stream, I want to be able to display it and
> write to file at the same time.  In this case, there is 1 input stream, and
> 2 different kinds of outputs.
It depends on what you want to write : either the decoded stream, or the
original stream.

In the first case, you can use the clone filter, and specify two output
streams : a standard video output and a capture video output (which is
quite simple to write : you just save the decoded images in the Display
function).  I use this architecture in a projet where I visualize a
video and take snapshots. The snapshot functionality is implemented as a
video output which bufferizes some images at a reduced dimension.

For the second case, you should maybe have a look at the stream output
functionality and see how to adapt it to your needs.

Olivier