[vlc-devel] Re: After I have compile the source,playing video has a problem

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Thu Apr 10 10:24:49 CEST 2003

eric chan wrote:

>1.I download the source code from VideoLan.org.(Both Version0.5.2 and Version0.5.3)
>
>2.I use cgywin to compile successfully.
>
>The package include libdvdcss,libmad and libdvbpsi.
>
>I copy the SDL.dll to the directory which has vlc.exe.

You don't really need SDL. Better use the DirectX plugins instead.

>3.I run the VLC to play the video.But the video seems choppy.
>
>How can i slove this problem?

You likely didn't compile the directx plugins (and I'm sure you didn't compile the SDL plugins either - adding the SDL dll is not enough for this) so vlc is using the GDI video output which has a really really bad performance.

>I have tried 0.5.3 and 0.5.2.Invariabely,the problems occurs.

Download and install the directx headers and make sure they are detected properly by your vlc's ./configure script.
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/dx7headers.tgz

--
Gildas