[vlc-devel] Compile the VLC with read stream network function

MaFai zh-ma at hkbn.com.hk
Fri Apr 11 04:23:47 CEST 2003

Hello, Sam Hocevar,

Hello.I'm a newbie here and give more consideration to vlc development in the funture.

I have download  VLC0.5.3,libdvdcss,libmad,libdvbpsi,DirectX header,SDL package.

Inviorment:Cgywin,MingW,W2KPro

Question1:Now I want to know,if i want the compiled vlc with function that it can read stream from the network.Which package should i download in next time?

Question2:I find the GTK package 2.0.But it can be compiled in linux.
Do this package relate to network function?

Question3:If I want to develop the vlc to expand it's function.What should I do first?The source code has 3.2mb.Do anybody give me hints?I have experience in Java,VB Development and the base knowledge in C.

>On Fri, Apr 11, 2003, eric chan wrote:
>
>> I work on Win2000,so I can't install the CVS package.
>
>   What prevents you from installing it? I have Win2000 and the CVS
>package from Cygwin installed flawlessly. In any case, it's a bug in
>Cygwin and should be reported.
>
>Regards,
>--
>Sam.