[vlc-devel] Re: new sout gui dialog

Derk-Jan Hartman d.hartman at student.utwente.nl
Wed Apr 23 02:45:37 CEST 2003

On woensdag, apr 23, 2003, at 00:59 Europe/Amsterdam, Alexis de Lattre
wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 22, 2003, Derk-Jan Hartman wrote :
>> With the new functionality of --sout, we need a new dialog to take
>> care
>> of all those extra options.
>
> You're right !
>> This was my latest idea
>> http://sidekick.student.utwente.nl/videolan/stream.jpg
>> in retrospect i think using a pulldown list for the mux options is
>> better actually.
>> and since then the bitrate options have been added.
>> and the transcode sections needs a checkbox to activate or deactivate
>> this i think.
>
> There's a pb of logic for the "Output method" box : with your design, I
> don't understand the the adress typed is for either HTTP, UDP or RTP,
> and you're missing the TTL option for this kind of stream. So I suggest
>
> - screen (no change)
> - file (no change)
> - stream : Address : xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx Port : xxxx
>            Protocol : UDP / RTP / HTTP
>            TTL : xx
Ah. i like this idea.
http://sidekick.student.utwente.nl/videolan/stream2.jpg
On macosx we can 'disable certain' fields (by graying them out) when
they do not apply. That will further clarify the use of the options.
not sure how other platforms should handle that though.

> I also suggest to move the "Encapsulation method" box to an option of
> the "file" category of the "Output method" box, because you only have
> the choice if you choose the "file" option !

I thought you also had this option for the http streamoutput. At least
you do have this in the current macosx and wxwindows designs.
btw. i really think it should be a dropdown-list (popup-menu), since we
are gaining yet another muxer (mp4) even now. You may have noticed that
in the stream2.jpg i have left this option out. Anyone know of a good
location to specify this?

DJ
---
Videolan - VLC media player