[vlc-devel] VLC 0.6.2 playback stuttering

Steve Li sli at digital-rapids.com
Fri Aug 15 18:02:47 CEST 2003

I am running into a problem with the latest build VLC 0.6.2

I wrote a program in Windows to feed mpeg data into the stdin of VLC. It used to work fine in 0.6.1 (with a bug fix to the file handle mode being set to text mode only). The problem with VLC 0.6.2 is that my playback is stuttering.

One thing I tried is that using VLC 0.6.1 as the server and VLC 0.6.2 to playback, everything still works. Only if VLC 0.6.2 is used as the server creates a problem.

I am wondering if its related to the rate at which I should feed data to VLC.

Steve