[vlc-devel] Re: TS stream problem

Jean-Paul Saman saman at natlab.research.philips.com
Thu Dec 4 17:22:24 CET 2003

Alessandro Marino wrote:
> Hi,
> I developed an application that makes a Mpeg-TS stream, I send the stream to a vlc on a iPAQ, but sometimes I get a black video output window. On the terminal I get:
>
> libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 2, expected 0)
> libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 2, expected 0)

VLC checks the continuity counter and missed some TS packets, It looks
like it missed *a lot* of packets at least 16, but perhaps a multiple.
This might indicate that the bandwidth required to sent the stream is
not available on your network. Is this a WLAN ?

> I don't know why I can see the video stream every now and then.
> Could anybody help me?

I suspect it requires too much CPU cycles to decode the stream. What are
the options you encoded the MPEG with?

Is it MPEG 1/2/4?

Please provide more details.

--