[vlc-devel] Re: Does the SPU renderer do the right thing?

R. Bernstein rocky at panix.com
Fri Dec 26 04:05:05 CET 2003

Thanks for the information. I was hoping I'd might be able to use the
freetype Render() routine unmodified -- or any render code for that
matter.

I've been looking for a suitable datatype that could be used for more
generic routines that blend, scale or antialias. The subpicture_t and
picture_t types of vlc_video.h contain too much. The only parts of
picture_t needed would be the "Picture data" parts, probably something
like:

    video_frame_format_t format;
    uint8_t        *p_data;
    plane_t         p[ VOUT_MAX_PLANES ];
    int             i_planes;

Another approach would be to use some other package's routines, like
GD, or perhaps GTK has some sort of image datatype. Unfortunately I
don't see a good match.