[vlc-devel] Re: Crash info

Derk-Jan Hartman d.hartman at student.utwente.nl
Thu Feb 6 01:07:33 CET 2003

On donderdag, feb 6, 2003, at 00:34 Europe/Amsterdam, Joakim Svensberg
wrote:
> Hi developers,
>
> VLC 0.5 crashes on opening each and every file. I have removed all the
> VLC config files and "reinstalled" the binary, but that didn't solve
> the problem. I send you some debug info, crash logs and my system
> info. I really like VLC and I hope that you can beat that nasty little
> bug!

Very thorough thank you.
We have been trying to get more info on this bug for some time.

Please assist in solving this problem
1: Are you running with Swedish or with the English language?
2: if so is the English language added to your 'Preferred Language
list' in the international preferencepane in the System Preferences?
3: Open a Terminal window and type echo $LANG and tell me what that
returns?
4: If you set your preferred language to English do you still
experience the problem?
5: in a terminal type echo $LANG and tell me what that returns?
6: type setenv LANG sv in your terminal and try again to launch VLC

We will work from there ;-)
Derk-Jan Hartman
---
Universiteit Twente