[vlc-devel] Re: CVS Commit (gbazin)

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Wed Feb 19 14:30:29 CET 2003

>From: Sam Hocevar <sam at zoy.org>
>A: vlc-devel at videolan.org
>Sujet: [vlc-devel] Re: CVS Commit (gbazin)
>
>On Wed, Feb 19, 2003, cvs at videolan.org wrote:
>
>> * src/libvlc.c: "stty size" won't work on win32 so make ConsoleWidth()
>>    always return 80.
>
>   Is this change supposed to fix a bug? Because "stty size" works
>perfectly under cygwin, and ConsoleWidth() is now broken.

Actually yes, it was supposed to be a fix :)

VLC doesn't compile anymore under MSVC because of _popen() and _pclose().

Furthermore, I don't see how "stty size" could work under cygwin because we open a normal dos console when we want to output something, and I doubt cygwin's "stty size" will report the size of this console.

--
Gildas