[vlc-devel] Re: VLC 0.5.0-test2 ?

Eric Petit titer at videolan.org
Sat Jan 4 18:24:14 CET 2003

On Thu, Dec 26, 2002, Stephan Assmus wrote:
> And this is the stack crawl:

> segment violation occurred
> memcpy_pIII:
> memcpy_pIII:
> +0065  ec091305:   *        072b0f    movntps (%edi), %xmm0
> player control:sc
>    frame         retaddr
> player control:
>
> Well, it could be just my build, maybe the bootstrap process didn't
> work correctly, maybe the error only happens when plugins are disabled,
> or maybe something is messed up with your tree and the cvs version is
> not the same. If you check out vlc into a clean folder, then bootstrap
> with your more recent auto-tools and configure disabling plugins, you
> should end up with a build that resembles mine

Sorry for the delay, I'm just back from holidays.

I have built a clean CVS with and without plugins, both work for me with
every video file I tried. Maybe your BeOS installation does not handle
sound as mine does; I just added a test that could help you, tell me if
it's still crashing. I'm using autoconf 2.57, automake 1.7.2, libtool
1.4.2 and gcc 2.9 (from R5).

--
Eric Petit <titer at videolan.org>