[vlc-devel] Re: Mac OS X interface screenshots

Stephan Assmus stippi at yellowbites.com
Mon Jan 6 13:25:06 CET 2003

> I have made a few screenshots of the interface VLC 0.5.0 will have
> under Mac OS X. For two reasons :
>
> * it may allow developers of other interface plug-ins to update their
> plug-ins to the latest features of the VLC core, and
> * we definitely need the help of a graphist for the icons of the
> controller window :-).
>
> http://www.via.ecp.fr/~massiot/screenshots/vlc1.jpg
> ... up to :
> http://www.via.ecp.fr/~massiot/screenshots/vlc12.jpg

It's a bit hard to understand the new features just from the screen
shot. One feature I would be interested in, is stepping through a movie
frame by frame (forward and backward). Is that what "|>" and "<|" do?
And what's "//"? Is "<=" and "=>" the same as "<<" and ">>"? In the
open panel, what's a "target"? In an open panel, as a user, I would be
looking for a "source". Also, I don't understand "Treat as a pipe
rather than as a file". I can guess what it probably means, but isn't
there a user term for that?

Best regards,
-Stephan